BBLLLEN offer a wide range of programs to suit the needs of the young people of Baw Baw and Latrobe. Learn more about each of the programs that we currently have on offer below.
growth through learning…
New Energy Technology (NET) Program
The New Energy Technology (NET) Program is made up of emerging jobs of the future in renewable energy, technologies, and industries, enabling young people from years 9 and 10 to learn more about energy and technologies. The NET program provides an opportunity for students to work with and be mentored by professionals to design, research and develop an innovation with a real-world application.
The NET Program is held at the Gippsland Tech School in Morwell with two sessions each term.
There are three themes to the NET Program challenge, each team will choose one theme to work on:
1. Technologies | Challenge examples: How can technology be utilised to manage the offshore mrine environment or the route of the transmission system of renewable energy?
2. Engineering | Challenge examples: What does Renewable Energy Engineering look like from various renwable energy like solar, wind, biomass, smart grids, photvoltaics? Or, how wind trubine engineers willplan, design and oversee the build of wind-generated power plants? Or, how a chemical engineer can work on solar?
3. Emerging Jobs | Challenge examples: How do we encourage more young people to take up careers in renewable energy? Or, how can new renwables enrgy industries work better together with young people? Or, how emerging technologies are changing the future of work?
For more information, please contact Erlinda James at email@example.com
Project Ready is an experiential work readiness and interactive personal development program that was developed by Central Ranges Local Learning and Employment Network. It first delivered in 2017 to assist disengaged students become re-engaged in their education and ready for their future worlds of work.
Project Ready supports students by:
- Building ‘groupness’; a safe group space where students feel comfortable to share and personally develop
- Helping them discover their unique skills, strengths and passions in order to plan for their career
- Helping them understand possible training and work pathways through a range of career development and industry engagement activities
- Introducing them to design thinking theory
- Building self-worth and resilience through personal development activities, volunteering and community involvement
- Improving their communication skills and teaching them workplace communication
- Helping them understand how to work effectively with a diverse range of people
- Teaching them work readiness skills, such as the job application process
- Teaching them project development, enterprise and entrepreneurial skills
- Teaching them OH&S skills
- Facilitating work placement opportunities
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Inspiring Health Camp
The Inspiring Careers in Health Camp is a three day-live-in experience for year 10-12 students across Gippsland hosted by Federation University and TAFE Gippsland.
Students are introduced to a range of Health related careers and will get the opportunity to gain knowledge on pathways and employment options within the Health sector.
Day 1: Federation Univesity Experience / Inpiring Health Dinner
Day 2: TAFE Gippsland Experience
Day 3: Industry Tour to local health providers including Ambulance Victoria, Maryvale Private Hospital, Latrobe Regional Hospital, and West Gippsland Healthcare Group.
For more information contact Jenni Graham via email email@example.com
The Future Self Program will promote future career aspirations and pathways to schools and students through connections with local business and Industry Ambassadors.
Click here to view Ambassadors
Through the Future Self Program, students will gain a greater understanding of the careers and opportunities across different industries and sectors within Gippsland. Ambassadors will undertake a range of different school engagement activities such as class presentations, Q&A sessions, workplace tours, and supporting a student on work placement.
The Future Self Ambassadors program enables, business, organisations and individuals wanting to support students to explore future careers and pathways in a way that will deliver the best results for them and young people.
For more information, please contact the LLEN via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
VIC VICE is a brand new virtual reality platform where students can explore the world of work.
A virtual reality platform that will allow secondary students to see, touch and experience different workplaces and will be available in the later half of 2023.
VIC VICE will bring to classrooms across Baw Baw and Latrobe regions:
- 360* virtual workplace environments with interactive touchpoints
- Engaging video content featuring real people in different industries
- Immersive ‘hands-on’ experiences that simulate workplace activities
The platform is a modern solution to growing workforce shortages and a widening skills gap.
For 2023, our focus Industries are Food & Fibre, Transport & Logistics and Health & Community Services.
The JobSkills Expo targets year 9, 10 and VCAL students and young people from schools, training and community organisations in the Latrobe City, Bass Coast, South Gippsland and West Gippsland regions.
It engages young people with “hands on” activities, advice and information about the various skills, jobs and industries that make up our regional workforce.
As well as static displays, the JobSkills Expo has a range of short seminars providing practical information and advice to students.
For more information on the JobSkills Expo, please contact the office on 5633 2868 or email: email@example.com
I AM READY
I Am Ready is a Gippsland wide program to support secondary school students with a learning barrier or disability. Participants will learn work readiness skills and be provided with opportunities for supported work experience.
The program is delivered in three stages.
Stage 1 | I Am Exploring – Work readiness skills, 1 day per week
- Interactive workshop style program
- Parent workshops
Stage 2 | I Am Becoming Ready
- Supported assistance to take part in work experience
Stage 3 | I Am Ready
- Part-time employment
- Further training e.g TAFE
- School-based Apprenticeship
For more information on the I Am Ready Program, please contact the office on 5633 2868 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inspiring Young People
IYP Events take place across Baw Baw and Latrobe, the series of events bring experienced guests from the local community together with young people from local schools to share stories of their career pathways, aspirations and personal journeys.
In recent years, these events have included:
• One afternoon tea event for Multicultural Young People
• Two Inspiring Young Women Dinners
• One Inspiring Young People Health Dinner
• One Inspiring Young People Disability Lunch
• Three Inspiring Young People Lunches
• One Inspiring Young Women in STEM – Living Library